In this blog, I will try to explain how we can perform Number Plate Recognition in Python using Tesseract-OCR.
It can also be performed in Matlab using steps:
• Read the number plate.
• Resize the image to keep the aspect ratio same.
• Convert the image into a greyscale image.
• Apply a median filter to remove noise.
• Use a structuring element to perform morphological operations.
• Dilate the grey image with the structuring element
• Use morphological gradient for edge enhancement.
• Convert the class to double.
• Perform the convolution of the doubled image for brightening the images.
• Scale the intensity between 0…
This article includes the code and explaination for training model for face recognition, face detection and sending message through whatsapp once face is recognized.
Collection of Samples
import numpy as npface_classifier = cv2.CascadeClassifier('haarcascade_frontalface_default.xml')
# Load haar classifier
# Load functions
# Function detects faces and returns the cropped face
# If no face detected, it returns the input image
gray = cv2.cvtColor(img,cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY)
# We convert our color image to grayscale format for faster calculation
faces = face_classifier.detectMultiScale(gray)
# Detecting face
if faces is ():
This article is for those who want to understand the concept of Confusion Matrix in Cyber Security domain using a real life case study.
Confusion Matrix is used to describe the performance of a model by determining its accuracy, precision, etc. It uses predicted and actual values to find the accuracy, precision, recall of the algorithm.
Case : Intrusion Detection System
True Positive (TP) : The IDS detects that there is no malicious activity happening and it turns out to be true.
True Negative (TN) : The IDS detects that there is some kind of malicious activity happening…